INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY (II)
INNOVATION COMBINES TECHNOLOGY AND PROCESS – IT’S A MINDSET, A DRIVER OF EXCELLENCE AND A CHALLENGE THAT INSPIRES CNH INDUSTRIAL TO BE A LEADER IN EVERY SECTOR IN WHICH IT OPERATES”
DIGITALIZATION IN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
Developing connectivity and enhancing digitalization involves creating tools that enable CNH Industrial's brands to offer customers increasingly efficient, sustainable, and intelligent products and services to support their businesses.
To this end, IVECO launched IVECO ON, its new suite of integrated digital services designed to optimize customers’ productivity and efficiency, reduce Total Costs of Ownership, and enhance drivers’ safety and comfort.
IVECO ON brings together a wide range of services and transport solutions developed to support its customers. The services offered are continuously increasing and they are organized in the following clusters:
- To manage customers’ fleet and data easily and efficiently, thanks to fuel consumption and driver monitoring
- It includes the IVECO Web Application Program Interface (API), which allows fleet owners to manage and control their fleet, thanks to flexible data integration.
- It offers remote assistance services that provide diagnostic sessions and software updates
- It provides proactive and predictive diagnosis, to constantly monitor the fleet, reduce unplanned stops and increase customers’ productivity. The vehicle monitoring is ensured by the Control Room, which provides constant assistance.
- Customers can benefit from the Easy Way App, which supports drivers and maximizes comfort
- Safe driving reports that provide tips to improve drivers’ safety
- It offers the IVECO ON Web Portal, to support fleet owners and drivers in terms of vehicle monitoring and assistance.
The control room to remotely monitor the fleet
MAINTENANCE and REPAIR
- It offers professional fuel advice through the automatic generation of reports, to improve vehicle efficiency
- Flexible plans: maintenance intervals based on real vehicle use data
- Prompt availability of original, remanufactured and second line parts
DIGITAL POWER IN CONSTRUCTION
CASE Construction Equipment offers a wide range of services with the purpose of achieving next level productivity, efficiency, safety, and uptime across all construction activities:
- Productivity and efficiency in entreprises and construction sites: thanks to safety and autonomation, CASE’s digital services contribute to enhancing operations management and improving quality and efficiency
- Job productivity: CASE’s digital services enable customers to enhance and improve their performance and productivity, through Grading and Digging control, machine automation and control.
- Fleets efficiency: CASE offers digital solutions to improve and enhance the productivity and efficiency of assets and fleets. Through digital softwares, CASE can predict anomalies and failures, thus improving uptime and optimize maintenance.
DIGITIZATION AND PRECISION FARMING
Precision farming and digital agriculture focus on providing advanced technologies and solutions to optimize farming and cultivation processes, while creating the perfect balance between nutrients, soil, water and chemicals, and ensuring an efficient, safer and sustainable cultivation process. Today’s farmers lie at the intersection of a fundamental shift to digital. With almost 10 billion people to feed within the next half-century*, digital agriculture, precision technologies, and a connected food ecosystem will be the backbone of the secure, sustainable food production that the world needs.
Farmers can access a single platform with a comprehensive suite of digital services to help them save time, reduce costs, and maximize yields across three areas:
- Fleet asset utilization – logistic and maintenance optimization and predictive and proactive error resolution, reducing downtime up to 30%
- Field processes – guidance and control systems and agronomic sensing and monitoring can reduce input costs and optimize yields by up to 20%
- Farm operations and agronomic decisions – through management software and applications, increasing economic efficiency up to 5%.
With this regard, the Company has signed a number of strategic partnerships. Farm Management Systems APIs and industry data sharing corporations DKE agrirouter and DataConnect help customers manage their mixed-brand fleets and deliver leading smart data and agronomy services.
AGXTEND, THE LEADING PLATFORM FOR INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES
AGXTEND™ is CNH Industrial’s tech incubator specializing in emerging trends in the agricultural industry that are retrofittable to the Company’s brands and third-party machines.
Set up by CNH industrial in 2019, AGXTEND™ is an acceleration platform and incubator for ag tech start ups, strategic partner companies and best-in-class innovators. It is accelerating innovative solutions with aftermarket sales and whole goods integration opportunities.
AGXTEND™ transforms innovations into applications, develops them in the series production stage to safeguard the pioneering role played by CNH Industrial’s brands’ solutions.
The AGXTEND™ products have the potential to enhance the sustainability of agriculture through the reduction in fuel consumption as well as the reduction or replacement in both fertilizer and crop protection products.
TILLAGE & SOIL PREPARATION
ManureXact - exact nutrient application when spreading slurry
CropXplorer - Optimizing Nitrogen Input to reduce environmental impact
XPower – electric weeding replacing chemicals
AUTOMATION IN AGRICULTURE
The Agricultural segment continues to develop smart equipment automating machine controls from forage systems, small and large grains, to viticulture, driving improved operator conditions and machine output in the field.
The combine harvesters take intelligent automation to a new level, improving machine productivity by up to 20% with automatic flow control, better grain quality and minimized grain losses.
Tillage automation allows producers to define and send site-specific soil management and seedbed preparation prescriptions to tractors to optimize the crop growth environment, maximize carbon capture, reduce fuel consumption, and increase soil conservation.
Autonomous Vehicle development seeks new solutions for field efficiency, data management, automation and customer profitability.
Example of Operator Assisted Autonomy: New Holland's IntelliSense™ system can select the best machine settings in real time
Case IH AFS Connect ™ Steiger with AFS Soil Command
Case IH and New Holland Automomous Concept Tractors
The Case IH Axial Flow® 250 Series with AFS Harvest Command™
New Holland CR Revelation Combine with IntelliSense™ system
INNOVATIONS IN AGRICULTURE
Jerome Case builds the first steam powered tractor
First Ford tractor built
The first Fiat mass produced tractor is built
International Harvester is the first to market power take-off
Fiat markets one of the first mass produced agricultural crawler tractors
New Holland develops the first self-tying pick-up baler
Sperry New Holland introduces Twin Rotor™ technology for combine harvesters
Braud develops its first self-propelled grape harvester
International Harvester introduces the Axial-Flow combine
Case IH is among the first to introduce precision farming technology
Case IH launches the Quadtrac, the first tractor on four triangular tracks
New Holland unveils its NH²™ hydrogen tractor and the Energy Independent Farm project
Case IH and New Holland unveil autonomous concept tractors
New Holland Agriculture unveils the T6 Methane Power Tractor, the world's first 100% methane powered production tractor
The Company has a specific organization, CNH Industrial Aftermarket Solutions, that complements all of the brands’ commercial offering with a whole range of aftersales services, to support its customers with customer centric services designed to improve Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and User Experience with tailored solutions throughout the equipment life-cycle.
Through its 43 parts distribution centers, the brands’ dealerships and service points worldwide, the Company guarantees the timely availability of parts and prompt assistance to maximize customers’ productivity and ensure their full satisfaction.
Project Horizon is the framework to drive advanced services to maximize customers’ uptime, reduce TCO and innovate the service offering for dealers and customers.
These services include:
- Omni-channel retail approach for a seamless customer experience
- Customer portals - to directly manage machines, source parts and tailored services (subscription renewal, fuel advising)
- Flexible service packages: service and protection plans including packages for specific vehicle needs
- Digital repair experiences for dealers and customers to reduce machine downtime by providing an easy booking service and streamlining repair times and quality
- Original parts and aftermarket support
- 3D Printing for parts, tooling and prototypes
- A network of trained and well-prepared dealers across the globe leveraging multiple solutions, such as virtual reality and virtual training, to constantly update technicians' skills
R&D CENTERS IN EMERGING MARKETS
OF ALL EMPLOYEES DEDICATED TO R&D
INVESTED IN R&D IN 2020
INDIVIDUALS DEDICATED TO INNOVATION
ACTIVE PATENTS OWNED
Innovation combines technology and process – it’s a mindset, a driver of excellence and a challenge that inspires CNH Industrial to be a leader in every sector in which it operates.
The Company’s innovative products are technologically advanced, sustainable, safe, efficient and ergonomic, with low total costs of ownership.These attributes have been recognized with a string of industry awards and acknowledgments throughout 2020.
CASE IH AFS CONNECT STEIGER
2021 AE50 INNOVATION AWARD
CASE IH AXIAL-FLOW 9250 AUTOMATION
MACHINE OF THE YEAR BRAZIL 2021
MACHINE OF THE YEAR® 2020/2021
STEYR AND CASE IH’S PLANT IN ST. VALENTINE, AUSTRIA
EFFICIENT COMPANY OF THE YEAR
FACTORY AWARD 2020
CASE «PROJECT ZEUS», THE 580 EV
GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2020
THE CHICAGO ATHENAEUM
CASE B SERIES COMPACT TRACK LOADER AND SKID STEER LOADER
TOP 100 NEW PRODUCT LIST
CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT MAGAZINE
NEW HOLLAND BIGBALER 1290 HIGH DENSITY
GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2020
THE CHICAGO ATHENAEUM
NEW HOLLAND BIGBALER 340 HIGH DENSITY
2021 AE50 INNOVATION AWARD
IVECO S-WAY NP 460 LNG VERSION
SUSTAINABLE TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2021 AWARD
VADO E TORNO MAGAZINE
TRADE VAN DRIVER AWARD 2020
TRADE VAN DRIVER MAGAZINE
FPT INDUSTRIAL F28
2020 DIESEL OF THE YEAR*
WORLD’S FIRST PRODUCTION-READY TRACKED FIRE ENGINE
2020 MAGIRUS PRESS CONFERENCE
IVECO BUS CROSSWAY NATURAL POWER
‘TOP SLOVAKIA 2020’ AND ‘TOP CZECH TRANSPORT 2020’
TRANSPORT AND LOGISTIKA MAGAZINES
IVECO BUS CROSSWAY and CROSSWAY NATURAL POWER LOW ENTRY
INTERNATIONAL BUSPLANER SUSTAINABILITY AWARD 2021
* Registered: ®
CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector that, through its various businesses, designs, produces and sells agricultural and construction equipment, trucks, commercial vehicles, buses and specialty vehicles, in addition to a broad portfolio of powertrain applications.
CNH Industrial N.V. Corporate Office: 25 St. James's Street London, SW1A 1HA United Kingdom
SHARE THIS BROCHURE: